Best Marvel Toys
Since the first issue of Marvel Comics was released in 1939, an ever-expanding universe of mutants, superheroes, and vigilantes has captivated the imaginations of readers around the world. The characters featured in Marvel Comics are vast in number and varied in qualities: they are young and old, men and women, humans and aliens, all taking center stage in a battle of good versus evil.
These popular comic characters have also become toys and games, with the opportunity for fans to take home their favorite heroes and villains. With the popularity of Marvel movies, the fan base has grown even more and now Marvel toys cater to cinematic viewers as well.
Finding the best Marvel toy depends on your age and interest, and with so many types and different characters available it’s not an easy task to find the right fit. Our buying guide will help you navigate this complex world. When you’re ready to buy, check out our picks for the best Marvel toys.
Marvel Hasbro Legends Series X-Men 6-inch Collectible Action Figures Psylocke, Nimrod, and Fantomex Toys (Amazon Exclusive)
Fans of the X-Men comic series will appreciate this trio of flexible and expertly painted Marvel action figures.
- 6-INCH-SCALE COLLECTIBLE PSYLOCKE, MARVEL’S NIMROD, AND FANTOMEX FIGURES – Fans, collectors, and kids alike can enjoy these 6-inch-scale Psylocke, Marvel’s Nimrod, and Fantomex figures inspired by the character from the Marvel comics.
- MARVEL COMIC-INSPIRED DESIGN – Psylocke, Marvel’s Nimrod, and Fantomex figures feature premium design, detail, and articulation for posing and display in a Marvel collection.
Includes Nimrod, Psylocke, and Fantomex figures. Includes a huge variety of accessories for all 3 figures. Highly articulated joints. Comic-accurate paint jobs. Massive variety of other 6-inch figures available.
Nimrod’s weird shape makes him less flexible than the other toys.
Hasbro Marvel Super Hero Mashers Web-Slinging Mash Collection Pack with Spiderman, Venom and Miles Morales (Amazon Exclusive)
Young Spider-Man fans will enjoy mixing and matching their favorite characters together to make new ones, and adding more toys to their collection for even more wild possibilities.
- THREE 6-INCH FIGURES FROM THE SPIDER-MAN UNIVERSE: This Marvel Super Hero Mashers set includes iconic Spider-Man, Venom, and Miles Morales characters in 6-inch figure form
- BUILD YOUR OWN HERO: Head and limbs detach for building a custom super hero. Snap Venom figure’s head on Spider-Man figure’s body, or Miles Morales figure’s limbs on Venom figure. Combine parts from different figures to create a custom super hero mash-up.
Includes Spider-Man, Venom, and Miles Morales figures. All figures feature swappable arms, legs, heads, and accessories. Durable toys. Easy to make custom figures. Compatible with other Super Hero Mashers.
Weird combination figures may not stand as easily as their normal configurations.
Avengers Marvel Endgame Red Infinity Gauntlet Electronic Fist Roleplay Toy with Lights and Sounds for Kids Ages 5 and Up
Although these Infinity Gauntlets are not Thanos-gold, kids will have fun playing pretend with this ruggedly made and cool-looking Marvel toy.
- INFINITY GAUNTLET WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS: Imagine controlling the universe for with the Infinity Gauntlet Electronic Fist, featuring electronic lights and sound FX inspired by the Avengers: Endgame movie.
- INSPIRED BY AVENGERS: ENDGAME: The Infinity Gauntlet Electronic Fist has lights and sounds so kids can imagine the action of the Avengers and their enemies. When kids push the center button the can light up an Infinity Stone or activate sound FX.
Soft rubberized knuckles for gentler punches. Makes cool sci-fi sounds and flashes when central gem is pressed. Easily fits small hands. Especially durable. Available in red and grey.
Only the central Infinity Stone lights up.
LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio 76174; Cool, Collectible Birthday Gift for Kids, New 2021 (439 Pieces)
Spider-Man is not known for driving a monster truck, but this delightfully silly LEGO set is equally fun to build and roll around with a collection of favorite Marvel heroes and villains.
- LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Spider-Man’s Monster Truck vs. Mysterio (76174) brings together 4 favorite characters from the Spider-Man movies and an almighty monster truck for spectacular superhero action and adventures
- Includes Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus, Mysterio and Spider-Gwen minifigures, a monster truck with super-suspension and roof-top net launcher, plus 2 buildable drones, each with 2 shooters
Includes 439 pieces. Construct large monster truck and pair of robot drones. Monster truck includes web launcher. Features Spider-Man, Mysterio, Spider-Gwen, and Doctor Octopus figures.
Its tiny parts makes this LEGO set best for ages 8 and up.
Avengers Marvel Titan Hero Series Blast Gear Captain America Action Figure
If you are looking for a sturdy Marvel toy for a kid who is especially rough with their playthings, this durable, yet fun Captain America figure is a must-have.
- 12-INCH SCALE CAPTAIN AMERICA FIGURE – Imagine the heroic first Avenger leaping into battle with this 12-inch-scale Captain America figure, inspired by the classic character design from the Marvel universe.
- MARVEL UNIVERSE-INSPIRED DESIGN AND ACCESSORY – Fans can imagine the heroic Steve Rogers battling villains in a fight for the fate of the world with this Captain America figure, inspired by the character from the Marvel comic books. Figure includes iconic shield accessory.
Especially affordable. Articulated shoulders, neck, and legs. Marvel movie-accurate paint job and figure sculpt. Includes iconic shield. Rugged figure. Stands 12 inches tall. Large range of other figures available.
No foot, elbow, knee, or waist articulation.
Many different toy companies are licensed to make Marvel toys. Typically, the toys these companies make stay on brand with what they already sell. Here are some of the noteworthy brands making Marvel toys.
This beloved toymaker boasts an extensive collection of Marvel builds and minifigs, with products inspired by both the comics and the films. These sets range in piece count and age range, with simpler options for younger kids, like the Duplo series, and more expensive, elaborate builds for teens and adults.
Sets come with collectible minifigs of popular heroes, loveable sidekicks, and loathsome villains, which appeal to both kids and adults. While some LEGO sets feature scenes from older films, LEGO regularly releases new builds showcasing characters and scenes from forthcoming Marvel movies.
LEGO consistently retires sets, which means they stop producing them. However, these Marvel sets may still be available from resellers.
Known for their ever-growing and expansive collection of vinyl figurines inspired by pop culture, current events, and history, Funko Pop offers plenty of Marvel characters for fans to embrace. Funko Pop vinyls are not interactive. Instead, they are meant to be put on display and tend to be of interest to teens and adults. Some may choose to keep them in the box or purchase cases to show them off at home or in the office.
Each new look and Marvel storyline inspires new Funko Pop vinyls. There are multiple variations of the same characters boasting different outfits, haircuts, and accessories. It’s estimated that there are over 500 Funko Pop Marvel toys in total, with more regularly made ahead of new TV shows and movies.
Marvel toys made by Playskool are designed for younger kids. Playskool offers five-inch and 10-inch figurines that boast colorful likenesses of film characters. Made for kids ages three and up, these toys can be moved and positioned. While they may come with accessories, Playskool Marvel toys are fairly large in size so that they are not easy to lose or swallow.
The company known for fun foam blasters offers a few Marvel-inspired shooters as well. These large and light projectiles wrap around the wrist or arm and take the form of a gauntlet or blaster used by the likes of Captain Marvel, Iron Man, and others. Thor fans can even opt for a Nerf Mjölnir.
Popular toy company Hasbro produces a vast collection of detailed, moveable action figures for kids and teens. These are sold both individually and in thematic sets, with fans encouraged to build a uniform collection. The Marvel Legends Series is particularly popular. It features stunning six-inch figures inspired by the comics.
Puzzles, cards, and games
While not exactly toys, there are plenty of Marvel-inspired games, including tabletop games, intensive puzzles, and card games. Video games are also available for popular consoles like Xbox and PlayStation as well as PC players.
Some battery-operated Marvel toys move or make sounds, offering children an interactive way to engage with their favorite characters. You’ll also find Marvel watches, headphones, and speakers.
As fans of the comics, films, and TV shows range greatly in age, so do Marvel toys. Marvel toys should specify a minimum age requirement or preferred age range to help narrow down the search. However, some adults may be keen on collecting certain toys made for younger audiences, while conversely, some children may want specific figurines that are designed for collecting instead of playing with.
DC Comics toys: Mattel Batman and Superman Set
Kids don’t need to adhere to one comic powerhouse or the other. For fans of the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel, check out this classic figurine pairing from the trusted toy brand Mattel.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Sets: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Set
For LEGO diehards, this larger build features an exciting battle between Spider-Man and some familiar foes. With over 1,000 pieces, this rewarding build takes time and dedication.
MARVEL TOY PRICES
Inexpensive: For $15 or less, you can find smaller Marvel figurines and LEGO sets as well as some Funko Pop and Nerf options.
Mid-range: Most Marvel toys cost between $15 and $50, which will get you more coveted Funko Pop vinyls, larger LEGO sets, and Playskool collections.
Expensive: For over $50, you’ll find coveted Marvel collectibles for dedicated teen and adult fans, plus elaborate LEGO sets that require time and patience to build.
- Watch out for fakes. Some unscrupulous sellers try to capitalize off Marvel’s popularity by selling unlicensed knockoffs that don’t exactly look right and come at a cheap price. Not only do these products lack quality, they may also be unsafe for kids.
- Clean toys. It’s important to keep your toys clean, not only to increase their longevity but also to make sure that everyone handling them stays healthy. When sharing toys or playing outside, especially, be sure to wash the toys appropriately when playtime is done.
- Stay organized. Toys strewn about the house can pose a safety hazard and may be susceptible to breakage. Keep toys in containers, stored away safely, or placed on display.
- Start small. For parents supporting their kids’ interest in Marvel toys, it’s best to begin simple and small. Test their interest with a few specific toys and then build up knowing what they like, listening to their feedback.
Q. Who are the popular characters in Marvel Comics?
A. The world of Marvel Comics comprises a vast array of characters, some of whom have long been popular in the pages, along with others who have gained attention through more recent theatrical releases. Perhaps the most popular Marvel character is Spider-Man, who has an associated world that includes a number of famous friends and villains.
The X-Men are also widely beloved, as is Deadpool, who gained more fame with recent action-comedy movies. The Marvel Cinematic Universe greatly boosted the profile of Iron Man, Captain America, and other Avengers, as well as Dr. Strange and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Q. When do new Marvel toys come out?
A. Marvel toys are regularly produced, with new options typically released ahead of a new TV series, comic publication, or movie in order to capitalize on the excitement of new stories. Like films and TV shows, toys will be showcased before they are available to buy, with eager fans typically able to pre-order products.
In some cases, eagle-eyed fans may find spoilers hidden within these toys, but it’s also true that there are toys that are manufactured featuring characters or events that end up getting cut out of the final film or show. While many toys inspired by a film or TV show are released ahead of time, there are some products that only come out afterward so as not to ruin any surprises.
Just as new toys come out, others cease production, which means you should buy coveted toys when they are available. Finding older collectibles and figurines can be difficult and pricey on the secondary market.
Q. Why do some Marvel characters look different in toy form?
A. Those interested in Marvel toys may find two different versions of their favorite characters. That’s because Marvel Comics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe are both wildly popular but feature slightly different appearances among the same characters. While Marvel Comics have long been popular, with many different iterations and versions of a variety of beloved superheroes, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an iconic film franchise that has been producing huge blockbusters for more than a decade.
The MCU features characters drawn from the comics, but some sport different looks and may not resemble their comic book counterparts. Some kids may be looking for toys that look like Chris Hemsworth and Scarlett Johansson, while others may want a more traditional-looking Thor or Black Widow.